This group is for betrayed partners who have experienced betrayal trauma from a partner facing addiction. The group will utilize Facing Heartbreak by Stefanie Carnes to navigate feelings of betrayal and will be supplemented with other recommended resources. Over the course of this 10-week group, members will learn more about the nature of sex addiction, explore how to manage the crisis of betrayal, deal with emotional aftershocks, and much more. By signing up for this 10-week group, you are committing to attend 8 of the ten weeks. There will be a follow-up email with additional information regarding this group with expressed interest. Call or email us today to find out about our next enrollment period.
- Required: Facing Heartbreak by Stefanie Carnes (will be used as a guide as you navigate through feelings of betrayal)
- Recommended Reading: Mending a Shattered Heart by Stefanie Carnes, TINSA: A Neurological Approach to the Treatment of Sex Addiction by Michael Barta to supplement the group programming.
- “The Trauma Discovery”
- “Manage the Crisis”
- “How to Deal with the Emotional Aftershock”
- “The Nature of Sex Addiction”
- “How to Communicate Your Feelings”
- “Make Empowering Choices”
- “Reclaim Your Sexuality”
- “Choose Your Next Steps”
- Skill building from the book, Mending a Shattered Heart by Stefanie Carnes, PhD
- Self-Care, Continuing Support, Summarizing Your Personal Journey of Recovery