Chemical and Substance Addiction Counseling | Denver, DTC, Centennial
Are You Struggling with a Chemical or Substance Addiction?
Unfortunately, these times of addiction to chemicals and substances are becoming more common in Colorado and with our youth. Addiction is any behavior or substance use that becomes compulsive and interferes with everyday responsibilities.
Do you or someone you know experience any of the following:
- Craving or a strong desire to use drugs or alcohol
- Difficulty cutting down or quitting completely
- Withdrawal from social and recreational activities
- Taking risks, such as sexual risks or driving under the influence
- Spending a lot of time to get, use, and recover from the effects of using the substance
- Tolerance to or need for increased amounts of the substance to get an effect
- Withdrawal symptoms that happen if you decrease or stop using the drug
- Continued use of the drug even though you are aware of the physical, psychological, and family/social problems that are caused by ongoing substance use
Substance abuse and dependence are caused by multiple factors, including genetic vulnerability, environmental stressors, social pressures, individual personality characteristics, and psychiatric problems. If you find yourself relating to this list, you may be struggling with an addiction. We can help you in your journey to recovery. There are some people that benefit from an inpatient level of treatment, then moving to an outpatient level. We can help coordinate finding the best possible treatment for you as an individual and provide support throughout your journey.
Maxine Hong Kingston
To me success means effectiveness in the world, that I am able to carry my ideas and values into the world — that I am able to change it in positive ways.
Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
Mary Anne Radmacher
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.
No matter how many obstacles that are thrown in our path, there are ways to except them and to live through them. ~ Robert Zemeckis
You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. ~ James Allen
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” ~ Audrey Hepburn